We are looking for a self-motivated and community minded individual to provide a social prescribing service to individuals over the age of 18 living in the London Borough of Lewisham.
This exciting opportunity means that you will be the key point of contact for community support to meet identified needs. You will then work in partnership with community organisations and health and social care statutory services to best support socially isolated adults.
You will be based in Catford SE6 working as part of the Community Connections Team.
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities will include:
- Good understanding of the issues which can lead to social isolation
- Good understanding of person centred working
- Understanding of the benefits of community engagement
Skills and Abilities:
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills including information gathering, and collating resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills including meeting deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities within a busy working environment
- Ability to learn rapidly and manage varied information intelligently
- Ability to travel within the London Borough of Lewisham as required
- Ability to work effectively as part of a highly diverse staff and volunteer work force
Please either email your application and monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it for the attention of Evelyn Brady, Voluntary Services Lewisham, Lewisham Central Community Hub, The Leemore Centre, 29-39 Clarendon Rise, SE13 5ES.
Deadline: Monday 23rd March 2020 @5pm
Interviews – Tuesday 1st April and Wednesday 2nd April 2020