18 hours per week
£26,337.00 pro-rata (incl. L/W)
Voluntary Services Lewisham (VSL) is looking for a self-starter with who can work independently and has proven experience of inter-agency working.
The Community Volunteer Coordinator will work in the Southwest of Lewisham and liaise with key organisations to identify and support small community groups, enabling them to introduce, or expand their capacity to work with volunteers. The worker will promote volunteering and volunteering opportunities, and facilitate volunteer placements.
Responsibilities will include: volunteer recruitment, placement and management, working and liaising with multiple agencies, processing volunteer expense claims and the production and dissemination of publicity and information materials.
Ideally the coordinator will have the following;
- Experience of recruiting, supporting and managing volunteers
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Strong IT skills
- Experience in managing a budget for expenses
Be able to:
- Prioritise their workload and work on own initiative
- Recruit, train and support volunteers to work with and support small groups
- Work outside of normal office hours as required
Contact us by Tel. 020 8291 1747 or
Voluntary Services Lewisham,
29-39 Clarendon Rise,
Closing date/time for applications: Friday 27th April @ 4pm
Interview dates: 10th & 11th May 2018