Hours/days of work 35 hours per week – 1 year Fixed Term Contract.
Salary: £23,345 per annum.
Closing date/time: 5pm on Friday 26th July 2019,
Interview dates: Tuesday 6th & Wednesday 7th August 2019
We are looking for a self-motivated and community minded individual to provide a 1-2-1 facilitation service to vulnerable adults in Lewisham. This exciting opportunity means that you will be the key point of contact for community support to meet identified needs. You will then work in partnership with Health and Social Care staff to deliver individualised support plans.
You will be based in Catford SE6 working as part of the Community Connections Team.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Experience of the issues affecting older people and their carers;
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of administration systems;
- An understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding adults;
- Literacy and numeracy skills at levels which will enable the post holder to keep accurate records, time sheets and write reports;
- Excellent organisational skills including resources and time management;
- IT skills, including Microsoft word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email.
And the ability to:
- Listen and communicate well in person and over the phone;
- Set and manage priorities within a busy office environment;
- Use initiative appropriately and work as part of a team;
- Carry out basic risk assessments;
- Work with professionals from other services and organisations;
- Work within our organisational policy framework
- Work outside of normal office hours when required
Please either email your application and monitoring form to email@example.com or post it for the attention of Evelyn Brady, Voluntary Services Lewisham, Lewisham Central Community Hub, The Leemore Centre, 29-39 Clarendon Rise, SE13 5ES.